Tuesday, June 30, 2015

RRR we almost to the end of the alphabet?

Almost!! Yesterday was "R" day and yesterday was busy. We are getting our shower remodeled so we had workers here hammering away. The kids were picked up by Granny to go to the movies and play at her house. It was great that the kids weren't in the way of the workers because you know they would be. Because that's what kids do. At least my kids. So thankful for my mother in law for taking the kids! She had wanted to take them to the movies on Sunday but I had asked her to take them on Monday when we had the remodeling going on. I was able to get a few things done around the house since I was stranded. So it was a win-win for everyone!!

I did snap these picture before they left. 





Going to be so glad to have a new shower. R is for Remodeling!

This was our BEFORE pic. Gross, huh?



I will be sure to post the AFTER pics. ;)

While the kids were gone, I made a Fishing Rod so Noah could Reel in some letters. Saw the idea on Pinterest and thought he would love it.


I modified the Pinterest version just a bit. Instead of using one paper towel roll and one toilet paper roll, I used 3 paper towel rolls.  I put 2 paper towel rolls together and cut a whole in one. Then I used another cut paper towel roll for the handle. The yard is for the fishing line.


I taped one end of the yarn to the inside of the long paper towel tube. (I learn later that this wouldn't hold, I should have taped it better.)

Now it's put together. The Pinterest one was painted but I didn't have time for that.

I cut the hold a little too big so it needed tape to secure the handle.

I first tried tying the "fishing line" to the jumbo magnet but it was too heavy. Hopefully this small round one will be strong enough to attract my Dollar spot letters.

MEANWHILE...we had 5 butterflies come out!! The kids got to see one hatch before they left with Granny but were so surprised to see them flying around when they got home. 

Myla wrote in the last page of her Butterfly Journal.


My precious!

Then we threw in a little math...She asked how many more butterflies were left in their chrysalis. So I wrote out the subtraction sentence.


Then she went to go count.

And Solve!
Last night we had one more come out before the kids went to bed so now we have 6! Hoping to see the other 4 come out today. ;)


Last night, the Rangers played! Noah ran up to see Prince Fielder. But, really, R is for Rangers!


Then we were ready to go fishing! They really got into it. I had them sit on the coffee table dock and put our blue-green blanket down for the water, of course.

Myla is telling Noah here that he is IN THE WATER!

But, he didn't care. He wanted to sit down a little closer. I probably made the fishing line too long. Ha!

The kids took turns. When Noah pulled out a letter he would tell me what it was. When Myla pulled out a letter she told me the sound and then a word that started with that sound.

Such concentration.

Great hand-eye coordination activity too!

The magnet wasn't super strong but it still worked if the kids lifted it up really slowly.

And Noah found the letter of the day.....R!


Noah didn't stick with us after this but Myla wanted to find all the other letters. 

So fun!

Meanwhile, Noah was back watching the Rangers. He watches so intensely.

Then he used the pillow as "home base" as Daddy fielded him some balls.

Nice throw, buddy!

I had a super huge Rangers jersey from a game I went to last season. It was so big on him!

My little Ranger Rookie!



Just ignore the helmet...wrong team!

I was able to doctor up the helmet with my Beautiful Mess app I have been using for these Letter of the Day pics. The only thing is it wouldn't let me make the "T" any smaller. Ha ha!

That wraps up R day! It seemed to be a letter he already knew so yea!!

We have the workers here again today to finish the tile but we plan to do a few "S" activities. We are making Sand Cake today!! We have made it twice before and it's SO good. What is Sand Cake, you ask?

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment