Saturday, July 5, 2014

Family Fun with a Favorite Recipe & Fireworks on the 4th!

It was a super 4th yesterday. Just love spending time with these two!

Earlier in the day, we dug out last season's 4th of July decor. We made the Liberty Bell and some rockets. They actually stayed in pretty decent shape considering they were under all the fall and Halloween decorations. 


We were having our parents over for dinner before going to see fireworks so Myla helped me set the table.


This year I decided to hang the rockets from the chandelier. 

Ready to eat! Noah noticed the rockets hanging and said he remembered making them last year. I doubt it since I really made his. ;)

We had our most favorite pulled pork sandwiches. I have passed this recipe on to family members and friends, it is so good. Found on pinterest so I will not take credit. Click on the link below to see the original recipe. The only thing I do differently is add a 1/2 cup more of ginger ale and I slow cook it in the crock pot for about 9 hours overnight. Oh! And I serve on the yummy Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. It's delicious.

Favorite Pulled Pork Recipe



Granny made a Patriotic strawberry cake. It was also delicious.


After dinner we headed out to Flower Mound for the fireworks, along with the rest of the country. It was packed but overall a pretty good time. 


Family pic minus Jeff!

We had met our friends, Austin and Caycee. Austin's daughter, Kyla, was also there and she was awesome to help entertain the kids!


This was taken as we were standing in line at the sports-themed bounce house for over 20 minutes. When we finally made it to the front of the line, N wouldn't get in. I was THAT mom trying to push her son into the bounce house. He said it was "too scary with all the big kids." 

So we just stood in line for nothing, buddy?!

YEP!


Not the best pic of my little princess but it was the only one I took that wasn't blurry.
Waiting for fireworks!


Noah got this glow in the dark necklace from another dad and was so kind to let Pappa wear it on his head. :)


 Goofing around...it was slightly passed bedtime ;)

Noah was the lucky one as he got a ride on Daddy's shoulders on the loooong hike back to the car.

We didn't get home until about 11 and managed to get the kids in bed before midnight. Now, why is it they were up earlier than normal this morning??? Hmmm...

I'm a little sleepy today and being super lazy. It's still considered a holiday today, right??

Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday too!


No comments:

Post a Comment