Friday, June 19, 2009

Smiles, giggles and tendinitis


This past week has sure been an eventful one. Myla has been all smiles lately, especially in the morning, and even lets out a few giggles. She is still squealing a lot and LOVES to sit in her bouncer seat and stare at the animals on the mobile.
She also really seemed to like her new pink hat, too.

It definitely seems Myla has found new ways to express herself. We noticed this the other day when she "insisted" on accessorizing as shown here....

We also learned quickly this week that Myla may be a "slow-to-warmup" child, like her mommy. She LOVES bathtime so we figured she would feel the same about the hot tub. Not so much at first...

but she did warm up to it eventually. She was happy to be swimming with cousin, Olivia.

With all the craziness of the past week, I decided it was time to go to the doctor to have my hand and wrist checked out. For the past month and a half, I've been having pain in my right hand from carrying the carseat, picking up and playing with Myla, doing endless amount of laundry and cleaning, anything really. I tried to tough it out but realized it wasn't getting any better. So, doctor says I have deQuervain's tendinitis caused by overworking the tendons in my hand. I feel like a big weenie, but the doctor mentioned how common this is with new moms. That made me feel a little better. ;) I was given a brace to wear during anything strenuous for the next 10 days and also started a steroid pack as an anti-inflammatory. After just a day on the medicine, I'm already feeling better. We leave for Colorado to visit my dad for 2 weeks so I'm glad to get this taken care of before we go. I'll be sure to post pics and give an update while we are there. We are sooo excited to spend time with family and relax in the beautiful mountains of Steamboat Springs.

2 comments:

Casey Williams said...

Monica,
I had the same thing with my wrists. I never went to the doctor about it, but mine slowly went away after I stopped nursing.

Casey

EC said...

Hi Monica! Myla is so cute!! Love your blog!

Post a Comment