Friday, June 12, 2009

Go to Sleep...pretty please?

Ok, so after a really rough day yesterday of little catnaps (45 mins tops), I decided Myla and I needed to have a "Come to Jesus" meeting. Here's how our conversation went:

Me: Ok, Myla...this whole not napping thing has really got to stop. It's driving me crazy. What do you have to say for yourself?

Myla:
This is the face I got as her "response."

Me: Sleep is really good for you, you know. It helps you learn and grow big and strong. Besides, when you sleep, you will be happier and I will be happier! :)

Myla:
I think she is saying here, "But I don't wanna sleep and I AM happy!!"

Me: I understand that it is fun to look around and be curious all day but your little body needs some rest. Come on....pretty please!??

Myla:
I thought this face meant,"Ok, mommy...I will go to sleep." But I was wrong. Minutes later, all she offered was a very stinky diaper followed up with a sly smile. It's as if she KNOWS I want her to sleep and she does the opposite. Ugh...not a good sign.

So I will take a deep breath and try again later. She's sure to get sleepy eventually, right?! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to stop by and say that Miss Myla is adorable! This phase will pass! You will soon get some sleep and feel like a whole new person. Hang in there!!! :)

Post a Comment