Thursday, July 2, 2015

T is for TIME OUT and Touchdowns!

You're probably thinking T is for Time out because I have a 4 year old ornery little boy. But that is not what this means, although he has had his fair share of time outs in the past.
Today I decided that we will be taking a "Time Out" from the Letter of the Day blog posts. It does take me some time to put together these little posts... upload and edit photos, type it up, insert pictures, preview, edit, preview, edit, etc. and it has been taking some time away from other things.

With the summer flying by as fast as it has, I am needing to focus my efforts elsewhere. {For one, I am taking on this TpT Seller Challenge which is requiring a little more effort from me this week. I am supposed to be creating my "masterpiece" of a product by next Wednesday!! TpT stands for Teachers Pay Teachers, an awesome resource for teachers to buy and sell teacher-created products. I love it.}  AND I have about three Teacher Binders I need to update for the next school year. I did one earlier this week and it took me over 3 "rest times" to get it all wrapped up. Usually, I type up these posts while kids are resting/napping in the afternoon or late at night once they are in bed, like right now. But lately I have had other things taking up my evening time and I have found myself blogging after breakfast while kids were watching TV. Now I am NOT opposed to a little TV time but don't want it to overwhelm their entire morning. And, you know how it is....your kid sees you "busy" on the computer and that is when they all of a sudden need you for every. little. thing. So, in short, I will still be posting Noah's letter of the Day pics on Instagram/Facebook but I am taking a TIME OUT from blogging. I know my 3 or 4 loyal readers may be disappointed. ;) ha ha

BUT if we do anything super cool, letter related, I promise to share!!

So to wrap up this particular post, I wanted to share about our BUTTERFLIES! We had to release them today. When I say we had to, well, we just did. The directions say to set them free 3-4 days after they all are out. I guess 10 butterflies in that little habitat gets a little cramped. We had to release them because we already had 2 sets mating! It was quite an interesting scene!!

Here are some pics of the release!


At first, they wouldn't come out. Noah was trying to encourage them. "Come on, little guys." 


A few of them figured it out pretty quickly and they were too quick for me to get a picture!


Myla was thrilled to get to hold one of them. It flew on the grass and she carefully scooped it up. 

Love this picture of them.

And as for those 2 sets that were mating...here is a picture of one pair. Look carefully...there are two. 


So for our Letter pic, we had to go with Texas Tech and touchdowns. 



After we took our pictures and pointed out the Double T on his shirt and hat, he ran to the laundry room to point out the Texas Ranger "T" he has on his backpack. And then later we were at my mom's to swim and he pointed out another Ranger "T" on one of mom's shirts. So, he's definitely getting some exposure and letter recognition with all these crazy things we have been doing. Yea! Now will he recall them if I were to show him the alphabet right now...I'm not sure.

We have definitely had some fun and will continue to go through the remaining letters. {OMG...what am I going to do for U??} Again, if we do anything share-worthy, I will post about it but a time out is a good thing every once in awhile! SO...

T is for TIME to focus on other THINGS. :)

Until next time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment