Monday, March 23, 2020

Day 8: Time for a Routine

Now that Spring Break is officially over, and although we are not IN school this week or the next, I woke up with the urge to get our family back into some structure. Now, I am NOT starting school with my kids just yet. Our district is giving families and staff today and tomorrow "off" and to use this time to organize and prep for what's to come.

We are so blessed to be in such an amazing district who have leaders who spent their spring break crafting the framework for our at-home learning for these first 2 weeks. And it's incredible! Completely doable for parents at home and only requiring 15-20 minutes per subject area, per day. We got this!

This morning, I created our At-Home Learning Schedule. It may change but hopefully this will work for our family. If you want me to send you an EDITABLE version for you to tweak for your family, I will be happy to. Just comment below with your email!



I showed the kids today and although they grumbled, at first, they realized they only had 2 hours of actual academic time. Then they gave me a big thumbs up! 

Myla: " That's it?! Oh yeah, we can do that!"
Noah: "Ugh...ok, looks good, mom."

So I will be sure to update how this goes after the first week or two and make adjustments if needed. Wish us luck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok-I'm back!

We had our Teacher Parade today...Cruisin' Curators to go with our Year at the Museum theme. 


SO I had to paint the car a bit...

It's true! I really do!! I miss my students so much. 



Myla wanted to help too. 


Our school's motto!


We are ready!




We prepped some signs for a couple of my teammates who are out of town. 


Some pics from our ride through town!



He loved holding the poster for his teacher and his classmates. 





So fun! It definitely lifted our spirits today and was exactly what we needed!

VIDEO DIARY Day 8: 


]

Until next time...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Would love an editable copy for my family! Thanks for the tools and love catching up with you and your family via FB!! Please send to kresta.braymen@gmail.com :)

Post a Comment