Sunday, December 29, 2013

FREE New Year's Printables!



So, we decided super last minute to have a New Year's Eve game night. We arranged for my in-laws to watch the kids and invited, via text, some of our friends over. It looked like we would have a good 10-12 people, perfect for a game night BUT unfortunately they are now dropping like flies…can't find a sitter,  coming down with a cold, or they already had other plans. In the meantime, however, I was scavenging thru Pinterest to find some free NYE printables to use as party decor. I found a really fun pop culture game to play but all the free printables I found, I didn't quite like and I wasn't about to pay $ for something that I could make myself. So I did.


BANNER


Here is a banner. Not the greatest picture but it has turquoise stripes on the "pennants". And if you know me at all, you know about my slight obsession with turquoise. I know NYE is typically gold and silver but I couldn't steer away. ;)

Simply print out the banner pennants and hole punch 2 holes at the top….


First, lay out your pennant pieces and decide which "string" to use. I had some of that Natural Sisal twine left over from another project that I used but you could use any ribbon.



Once you have your holes punched, I would suggest measuring out your twine or ribbon leaving at least 6 inches on the ends to tie on to wherever you plan to hang. Once you have your twine cut, simply weave it through the holes. I liked to thread it thru where the twine would be in the back of the pennant but you could do it either way. 




Just keep pulling through until you have come through all the pennants. You can tie a little knot on the end pennants so they don't slide off while you are trying to hang. 

I would have put this up over the mantle but we still have Christmas stuff up! So I just put it up over my mirror in the entry way. You could add colored ribbon to the ends to make it look cuter. This literally took me less than 30 minutes once I printed it out.



"PHOTO BOOTH" Props



Here are some fun "photo booth" props I made. I have "photo booth" in quotations because, well, I don't own a photo booth so it will just be fun to take pics of our guests, whoever shows up??? If not, the kids and I will have a blast! I'm thinking about taking the glasses to school to take pics of my students! Ha ha




You could use craft sticks, popsicle sticks or cake pop sticks for these! I found these lollipop sticks at Wal-Mart for $3.


Ok, so I am not the best cutter…I actually hate cutting stuff out. When I cut out the mustaches I couldn't quite cute perfectly straight so I just used a brown and a black marker to fill in so it looked a little better!


See, can't tell at all, right?!

Once you have your props cut out, use a hot glue gun to attach your sticks.


I think they turned out pretty cute. It only took me 30 minutes to get these printed, cut out, and glued!




So FUN!

GIFT TAGS for Party Favors


I also made some gift tags for party favors. Not sure if I will be doing them this year but thought about putting Hershey's kisses in a gift bag (get it? new year's kisses?) and then just attach the tag with twine or curling ribbon. 


I couldn't decide which tags I liked better so I included them both.


CUPCAKE TOPPERS


It really wouldn't be a party without cupcakes so I thought I could make some cupcake toppers too!



Hope you can use them! It's kinda last minute for this year, I know, so I will be changing these to say 2015 soon and have them ready for next year!! Click on the link below to access the free printables.

**Oh, and since they are free I would really appreciate if you would first join this site by clicking on the right side over there….--------> Pretty, please. Oh and also, if you could repin on Pinterest and tell your friends that would be great too! I absolutely LOVE creating things like this and sharing with others. :)**

Get the FREE printables HERE!



Stay tuned, I plan to take some pics of the kids with the props later!

ENJOY AND HAPPY 2014!!

No comments:

Post a Comment