Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July in Steamboat

We got back from visiting my dad and Cindy in Colorado on Tuesday. It was really hard to leave. The weather was perfect, unlike the steamy 100 degree weather here in TX. It was so great just relaxing. Every morning Myla and I would go for a hike then take a nap in the hammock. Myla LOVES being outside. As long as we are moving in some way, she is a happy camper. Dad and Jeff worked so hard. One of their projects was building a bridge. They worked on it for 3 days and it turned out great. Here is the final product... With Dad and Jeff working most days, Myla and I had a lot of quality time together. She has been more and more expressive lately, smiling and giggling. She has also become quite the "mommy's girl", which just melts my heart. On the 4th, we had 28 people over at Dad and Cindy's, mostly family but also some close friends. The food was incredible and the time with family was even better. > Cindy bought the girls matching Ralph Lauren dresses. They were certainly the most stylish babies around. After the feast, my dad thought it would be nice if my cousin Tiffany sang and then my cousin Anthony, former injured Marine, would ring the bell overlooking the property. It was less than a year ago when Anthony was injured in Afghanistan. To see him standing before us all, so strong and proud, and listening to Tiffany's sweet voice... it was a beautiful moment. Then Dad and Cindy's dog, Petie, got really excited about all the bell ringing and tried to ring the bell himself. Here is the video that captured it all!


So just a little recap of our trip. I took about 300 pictures during the 2 weeks we were there. More pics on Facebook!

1 comment:

Addison's Mommy said...

Sounds like a well deserved trip! If I close my eyes really tight I can picture myself hiking and sleeping in a hammock with my little girl. Glad you made it back home safely.

Post a Comment