Friday, May 27, 2011

Adjusting...

It seems like that is the perfect word for our lives right now. Adjusting. I definitely don't mean that negatively at all. We are getting into our daily routine of feeding and napping schedules. I have figured out a great plan on the days when we are home. If I wake up and feed Noah at 7am, that gives me enough time before Myla wakes up around 8am. Then I'm able to fix Myla breakfast and play with her one on one (which she so needs right now) while the little guy naps. Then by the time I've finished with the second feeding for Noah, I can go run errands if needed before Myla's lunch and nap time.I have learned that I'm not a fan of sitting around the house all day even though it can be such a pain to get both kids in car seats then in and out of the car. I have to say that I do feel like Super-Mom when our outings are successful. :) The best part of the plan is having both of them napping at the same time, from 2-4pm. It's amazing how much I look forward to that time so I can get a few things done around the house. I feel bad for saying that because I LOVE spending time with my kiddos but it is great to have that break for some me-time. :)

The evenings are a little different. FUSSY TIME is upon us, I'm afraid. After Noah's 7pm feeding, he has been a cranky mess the past few days. He wants to eat all night long so he's acting hungry but sometimes I think he is just gassy. I know that most babies get like this during this time of the day but it sure is hectic since Myla can get cranky too. SO we are adjusting to the fussy time of the day and finding out what works for a little bit (change of scenery, going outside, rocking and swaying, bouncing, etc.) Kinda feel like I get a little workout during this time of the night. :) After about 11pm or 12, Noah has given up on whatever is wrong with him and passes out. He has been sleeping pretty good at night waking for one feeding around 2 or 3. I try and hold him off until 7am so we are only getting up once. Again, we are adjusting and a bit sleep-deprived even still. I know, as my mom always says, this too shall pass.

Here is my cranky little man during his fussy time...



He is still a cutie, though! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment